Good Riddance

A friend gave me this article from a local paper and I could not resist posting it because I can't resist attacks on Dubaya:

"“To delight in war is a merit in a soldier, a dangerous quality in a captain and
a positive crime in a statesman.” – George Santayana


“I must say, I’m a little envious. If I were slightly younger and not employed here, I think it would be a fantastic experience to be on the front lines . . . it must be exciting for you . . . in some ways romantic, in some ways, you know, confronting danger. You’re really making history, and thanks.” – President George W. Bush, to troops in Iraq

We are living in historic times, you and I. The most hapless, obscene and globally destructive American administration in living memory and probably of all time is about to be swept into the Hefty Bag of history. We don’t know what’s to come next, but for much of the world it could hardly be much worse.

Ironically, George W. Bush probably won’t be remembered for the thousands of lives and trillions of dollars he squandered, the international goodwill he frittered away or for the environmental degradation he enthusiastically green-lighted."

The article continues with more horrifying Bush bloopers, a couple of my favourites are:

"I am mindful not only of preserving executive powers for myself, but for my
predecessors as well."

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in
our air and water that are doing it."

Proof positive that a degree from Yale can literally be bought for any idiot.


1 comment:

The Maze Monster said...

Oh god, everything that horrible president says is just terrible. I swear he doesn't comprehend the words coming out of his mouth.